Balut

Popular in the Philippines, Balut is a fertilized baby duck fetus that is boiled and then eaten in the shell. Some say gross, others say delicious.

Advertisements

About Do Not Eat This

A side project by Grist.org
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Balut

1. Salone says:

My stomach just did a 360..wow I watch the guy who eats weird stuff all the time, but that was the worst food I ever saw. Nice post it’s good to see what others are eating around the world. Have to add your blog to my blogroll

• Khammanh says:

maiaigybl100 on September 25, 2011 @MyFreeProductSamples oh wow thank u so much….this helps me a lot….luv ur all videos…and i also did the suave video twice 2 weeks ago and also i did the same mistakes like u did i chose 1 free product at first and then second time i chose 2 free products …but 1 more thing u also can answered this suave video again by removing cookies from ur adobe flash…..i did that ….so i am hoping i ll reach 5(1+2+2)suave prducts coupon in my mail soon….i did 3 times in a same system..try that

2. EdogW says:

Believe me, there’s plenty more where this nightmare came from! Hold your stomach folks…

3. 1sexy4snake says:

totally gross. I wouldn’t eat that even if i was starving. I would rather eat bugs. But I’m not starving and I epect to never be. So I guess lets just keep that stuff out there.

4. Ann says:

When seeing the photo, my my first reaction was to scrunch up my face and say ‘What the F**K is that? So… I won’t be eating this!

5. Ardith says:

The first time I had balut, I was probably about 5. And I thought it was delicious. Hooray for Filipino heritage. (:

6. Something like this was on a Survivor episode. I might eat it, just to try it.

7. 52am says:

Before I don’t eat balut, strange for a Filipino not to. When I tried it, i don’t eat the chick but only the yellow or what’s left of the yolk and the gummy hard white part or the albumin. Don’t even sip the juice… I let my friends eat the chick and the rest mine. I prefer to eat the “penoy”, yummy.

8. Pingback: Balut (via Do Not Eat This!) « Topmace